Would you agree with me that there are many reasons why we have begun to use Kick Scooters as a form of transport today?
We highly recommend the Razor A5 Lux Scooter among the roster of scooters for adults we reviewed. It is equipped with 200mm extra-large urethane wheels and a super strong aircraft-grade aluminum T-tube and deck. [Read more]
After spending 15 hours of researching and interviewing parents who have recently bought a kick scooter for their kids, we strongly recommend the Micro Kickboard Mini Scooter. It has a smooth gliding and a maneuvering capacity.[Read more]
As we know scooting is twice as fast as walking. In comparison to biking and scooting is allowed on sidewalks due to their ability to slow down and stop. This makes scooters pedestrian-friendly. Hence, we are not surprise why adults and kids seem to love it.
While the earliest Kick Scooters were made from wood as a children’s toy, these days scooters are built from aluminum, titanium, and steel which are lighter weight, safer and more durable than wood
Designs come with a variety of differing features like wheel size, maneuverability, and speed. With this in mind, we’ve created a guide that will help you find the right scooter for you as well as your kids.
"What Should I Consider Before Buying A Kick Scooter?"
We know picking the right kick scooter isn’t always simple nor easy as there are plenty of choices on the market, and it’s easy to become overwhelmed when shopping for a scooter that fits your life and needs.
Below are some of the key factors to consider before buying a Kick Scooter:
- Price – Kick scooters are pretty affordable to most people. The average price of a good scooter would probably cost you around 50 to less than 100 (higher end scooter may cost over 500 depending on the brand)
- Deck Characteristics- Durability and weight are important and relevant to how the scooter will be used. If you are looking for a solid scooter and longer rides, a sturdier deck is ideal for you. Make sure that the deck is long enough for your shoe size for a more comfortable ride.
- Wheels- Wheel characteristics affect your scooter’s performance. If you intend to use your kick scooter for longer rides, you should choose a kick scooter that has wheels made of plastic core embedded into polyurethane (PU) thread. These are light wheels, wear-resistant, and have a reasonable amount of grip and rebound.
You should also consider the wheel size. If you want to speed up or slow down easily, small wheels with 100-145mm diameter are suitable for you. If you want a kick scooter with better rolling efficiency and better shock absorption, you may consider those with large wheels with 180-230mm diameter.
- Handlebar- Without considering the handlebar feature, you may run into issues in the future with height if the handlebars are not adjustable. Kick scooters make your ride more convenient and easy through its adjustable handlebar. You can adjust it to your desired height and comfort. This should be noted because some brands have no adjustable handlebars in order
- Frame Rigidity- Kick scooters with a rigid frame have a sturdier feel during a ride, which results in more stable steering. More rigidity means the less energy you need to power your scooter. You will have more efficient kicks and you will experience less bouncing. If you intend to use your scooter to do tricks, a looser setup is more useful.
- Special Features- Kick scooters may offer more than a handbrake. Some have a front hand brake or a rear fender brake with a double breaking power. A kickstand is an additional feature when you opt not to leave them leaned up against a parking meter
Most scooter companies today offer kick scooters with various features to best fit your needs as a rider. Luckily, there is a wide range of quality kick scooters for your budget and needs
Your kids won’t be performing the strategy and tricks you could perform, so larger and heavier scooters won’t be needed by the younger crowd. You could consider kick scooters with shorter bars, 100mm wheels, and smaller decks, which fit your kids, especially if they are first-time riders. Kids in their early teens could have kick scooters with 110mm wheels, taller and wider adjustable handlebars, and slightly bigger decks.
Adult riders are generally faster riders. You may want a kick scooter with big wheels, larger decks, oversized and adjustable handlebars, and a more solid design. These scooters are expected to withstand more stress and weight. Moreover, a kick scooter with a folding mechanism can also make a big impact in terms of practicality and convenience.
Keeping the above considerations in mind, try to get as high a build quality as your budget allows. Remember you get what you pay for.
3 Reasons Why You Want To Ride A Kick Scooter (vs walking)
#1 Health Benefits
A kick scooter is the preferred choice among parents to get their kids into exercising, making kick scooters a perfect holiday or birthday gift for kids. At any age, it can help improve coordination and balance.
There is no question that kick scooters help improve coordination and balance, especially for our kids. There are numerous benefits to scooting, including development of gross and fine motor skills, preventing lifestyle diseases like back pain and weight-loss. Scooting as an outdoor exercise is also very important for mental health.
Today, we can’t deny the consequences of sedentary professions, especially the health risks associated with a long day of sitting. The use of a kick scooter acts as an outstanding prevention for back pain, as well as a tool for strengthening the lateral back and abdominal muscles. It is an effective, gentle tool for weight loss, putting little strain on your joints and muscles.
With a kick scooter, our children can become more independent while having fun. It initiates outdoor activities for kids while they learn to socialize with neighbors and opens door to exploration, creativity, and learning. It allows everyone who scoots to take in the sights which is an enriching part of commuting.
Aside from the health benefits of kick scooters and the fun they bring, they provide easy transport when walking might be a burden. And talking about practicality, kick scooters are foldable, portable, and a compact form of wheeled transport that saves time and money.
Kick scooters are made portable and are easy to store and carry with their foldable features. Owning one doesn’t require a parking space. They are energy efficient since they don’t need electricity or gasoline. This also makes them economical and a low-cost form of transportation.
Source: Kickscooter Sydney
Additionally, kick scooters with big wheels are about 60% to 70% as efficient as bicycles. Small-wheeled kick scooter likely would be about 50% as efficient. For short commutes of five kilometers, you’ll get more exercise with a kick scooter, a definite advantage.